Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent


She doesn't see dead people, but…She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…(Goodreads)

The Good: Overall I enjoyed this book but I can’t sit here and rant and rave about it. Though, I can’t complain much either. Vincent’s world was very unique for the over-crowded paranormal genre. The romance is positively steamy, which I enjoyed immensely. Lately the books I’ve been reading have seemed to lack a little in that department. For being a shorter novel, it really took a stand. It was one of the best books under 300 pages that I’ve read in awhile. It really had a nice pace throughout the whole book that kept it going. I am looking forward to reading the sequels as well.

The Bad: I don’t have any huge complaints about this one. It didn’t do anything to annoy me which is rare. But the book lacked pizazz or anything to really make it stand out. So if you have an opportunity to read this book take it, but don’t run off to the bookstore right now and get it.   

Ugly Updates: My Soul To Save and My Soul To Keep, books two and three, are out. Book four, My Soul To Steal comes out January 1st. Vincent also has a series for adults, Shifters, including Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey, Shift, and Alpha, out October 1st. Check out Rachel Vincent's site for more info on her and her books.(Links to Amazon)  Buy My Soul To Take


I need apologize again for the overall shortness and crapyness of this review. That's what happens when I wait to long to write the review. But I will be back in full, well-written reviews, swing next week. So don't lose faith and don't forget to enter my I Now Pronounce You Someone Else Giveaway!!

Keep Reading,

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly how I feel about this series. I can't really say anything bad about it - it's perfectly fine but it just doesn't grab me and pull me in to the story.

    ReplyDelete