Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Girl, Stolen by April Henry


Here's a short review for a short little book. Enjoy! 
Cheyenne is blind, has been for three years when the accident happened. And one afternoon when she is waiting in the car for her stepmom to pick up her pneumonia prescription her car is stolen. With her in the back seat. Now she must find a way to escape with or without the help of her accidental kidnapper, Griffin. Who may or may not feel a connection with Cheyenne.

The Good: This book was so good. I really enjoyed the suspense throughout the novel. It never let up. When we got towards the end of the book you thought everything was over and then BAM! Nothing is what it seems.  Girl, Stolen was a very quick read, in a good way. That was a nice break from the other stuff I’ve been reading lately. I absolutely adored “seeing” through Cheyenne’s eyes. It really made me think about how I would act if I came in contact with a blind person. There are a lot of things I never even considered and Henry brought them up. You really should pick this book up. I think no matter what type of books you prefer you will like this one.

The Bad: I don’t really have anything bad to say about this one. Henry did an excellent job!

Ugly Updates: Henry has written two other mysteries for teens: Shock Point and Torched (Links to Goodreads). I will definitely be checking these out. Henry has also written a whole bunch of Adult novels. Check them out at Henry's site.  Also check there for tips for young writers, a whole bunch of fun links, her blog, and more info about Henry. Finally, order Girl, Stolen via Amazon here because it is such a good one.


Keep Reading, 

No comments:

Post a Comment